Android 13 on FP4

I was wondering when and if the #Fairphone4 will get Android 13?

2 Likes

Its planned for this year

3 Likes

Murena eyes this August for /e/OS “T” (Android 13):

1 Like

Now I cannot wait this is awesome :clap:

Well, have a look at the link – it might take a few weeks longer for you because Murena FP4s are on “stable” /e/OS by default. The “dev” version always comes out first and will have to be installed manually. Not sure if stable will be an OTA upgrade.

1 Like

CalyxOS has Android 13 for the Fairphone 4 as you can see here in the About page from my device :smiley:

Similarly there is Android 13 (Lineage 20) via LineageOS

3 Likes

I have never tried CalyXOS any good? Does that void the FP4 with e/OS

Broadly, I think it is a good ROM. I haven’t had problems with it (yet?), however I’ve only had the phone and been using the ROM for a short while.

I wrote a wee bit about my installation here. I went to the custom ROM from getting the phone out of the box.

It will over-write your e/OS install, it runs quite similarly and uses more Lineage based apps (I think anyway).
You can put it back to stock when required for warranty reasons too =)

1 Like

Don’t think so as long as you’re able to flash /e/OS back (which is normally quite easy).
But I’m not sure VoWifi or VoLTE will work in US with other ROMs.
Anyway A13 /e/OS for FP4 should not take too long anymore as Beta is already running quite well. And one features I like is that - as for other LOS based A13 ROMs - there’s finally a charging limit configurable now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.