"And then I saw they had a Fairphone..."

No, the second one was Northengland

Correction - the Fairphone user in Leamington is involved with Community Energy Warwickshire, not LETS. There is a Phone Co-op account holder in the LETS circle but, in her own words, ā€œI havenā€™t ventured into Fairphone territory yet.ā€

ā€¦and then I sawā€¦
ā€¦that Primus van Quack had a Fairfon in LTB 449, page 48ā€¦ :laughing:
primus_fairfon

12 Likes

Iā€™m in a packed tram right now and there is at least one other Fairphoner in here. I wonder where they are all goingā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes

I just met a Fairphoner in my GPā€™s waiting room. His FP2 was equipped with a (cracked) transparent slim case, so I told him he can get an opaque slim case for free. We didnā€™t have a long time to chat (an older lady complained I was too loud :blush: ), but he got to tell me of two other Fairphoners amongst friends & family. Of course, I had to tell him of our quarterly Stammtisch meetups in Aachen and our upcoming movie showing.

He was called upon before me, so Iā€™m glad I was shameless enough to push my Fairphone card (just a Fairphone sticker with my name & email address handwritten on its back) on him in time. :smiley:

4 Likes

Again, I spotted a FP in the train, but this time very far away from Amsterdam ;). This morning I sat in the train from Lyon to Marseille next to a Frenchman with a Fairphone! We had a very short conversation about it as he was clearly busy but it was a nice coincidence to see a Fairphone so far from home :).

6 Likes

Yesterday I was at the Klimakirtag in Vienna with Greta Thunberg and saw one Fairphone and one Shiftphone in the crowd.

3 Likes

I see Fairphones all the time because I only befriend people, who have a Fairphoneā€¦ Just kidding, of course. :wink: Indeed, I took a discipleship course with two friends, who both own a Fairphone 2, but one of the other course participants also had a FP2. So from ~20 participants 4 in total had a Fairphone (20%). Nice average. :grin:

4 Likes

I started this topic over 4 years ago and itā€™s very nice to read through the stories. Hope there will be many more, now with all three FPs. (thanks @urs_lesse for opening it again)

5 Likes

A friend sent me a picture the other day and wrote: ā€œGot a package from the Netherlandsā€. The picture showed the package of the FP3.
I replied to him and asked why he has chosen a Fairphone and he mentioned that he remembered me talking about it. He needed a new company phone and so he ordered the FP3. His boss by the way was happy that it was a cheap buy compared to others.
Bielefeld #heaven is growing =)

12 Likes

ā€¦ and then all of a sudden you get a first-ever Telegram message from a neighbour across the yard who asks you if you could give any advice, heā€™s considering buying a Fairphone 3. He read not just the sign of the times, but also the sign(s) opposite to his window.

Two days later he reports heā€™s bought and already received an FP3 from Vireo. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Incoming German Minister for Agriculture Cem Ɩzdemir [r.] taking a photo just after the swearing in of Germanyā€™s new chancellor [l., bald] today, using ā€¦ a Fairphone 3? :wink:

P.S.: Might not be his own, I vaguely seemed to notice in the background that he handed the phone back to the red-haired woman (perhaps a Green MP, maybe Agnieszka Brugger)?

EDIT: The complete ā€œsceneā€ from the 3:35:13 time mark here:

ā€“ and from that I think itā€™s not Brugger. But certainly the FP3 :sunglasses:

11 Likes

ā€˜And then I saw they had a Fairphoneā€™ sure isnā€™t as rare as it used to be! I know at least five people who own FP3s and three who own FP2s, and I also see them in the wild a lot more. It used to be a rare thing to see someone pull out an FP2 but these days I see FP3s everywhere. Granted, this is a university town so itā€™s a self-selected sample, but still, itā€™s noticeable.

6 Likes

And I love that it has evolved to where you can now say this like this.

3 Likes

A couple of months ago, I met a girl at the organic market in Zwolle who had a FP3. And a few weeks later, I was on the train with a lady with FP3 as well :slight_smile: We talked the whole train ride about fairphone, sustainability and other related subjectsā€¦ I think I know about 5 people who own one (and hopefully more will join) ^ ^

5 Likes

Does Greta Thunberg have one?

2 Likes

I think it would be great if Fairphone offered the wireless earphones in optional Fairphone blue! That way you could see immediately that someone has a Fairphone, also they would be a good start to a conversation into Fairphone. Just like the blue case I had for FP1. Havenā€™t bought one for the FP3 as I think they are too expensive.
Happy to see that this thread I started ages ago is still active from time to time.

2 Likes

When I was in the waiting queue for my Covid-19 vaccination booster jab this wednesday, there were two people almost right behind me holding FP3s (the green case is quite an eye-catcher), too. :slight_smile: :+1:

7 Likes

FP-owners are no Schwurblers!

4 Likes

If they do I hope donā€™t meet them