And the protective cover for the FP3 looks like

I like the matte finish, but I wonder how resistant it will be to rub-off. Looking forward to see the green version when it arrives. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Urs!
Do you know, when the green one is available? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No idea, would like to know it myself.

2 Likes

Cool, I didn’t know there’s an inofficial Facebook group as well, thanks :slight_smile:
By the way, I’ve also received mine today and it looks quite good. The only thing I dislike is that it now covers the translucent backcover of the phone, but imho protection always trumps design.

2 Likes

I’d like to ask whether the protective case is softer than the bumper. For me the bumper feels rather unpleasant to be honest so I’m mostly using the phone without it. But principally I’d like to protect a phone I plan to use for some time so maybe the new cases are worth a try…

3 Likes

The Protective Cover does indeed feel softer and smoother, at least for my fingers.

1 Like

Nice… Is the size the same as the bumper?

2 Likes

That indeed is good news. I’m going to wait for the green one then as I’d like some color.

1 Like

Yes. The size is the same. The only difference is that the back is completely covered with the case. It makes the phone feel a little heavier. And I do miss seeing the “insides” of the phone. The case does give a more complete protection of the phone. Especially if you’re using any kind of cradle to keep your phone while being on-the-go, this is a recommended case. The embossed lettering seems to be the same as the original phone cover one, so let’s hope the white plastic letters are glued in better in these new cases.

4 Likes

Green’s around the corner. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, wasn’t here for a while so I missed the discussion about the new FP3 case and the colour vote.
Why is it so expensive? (and please Fairphone people, don’t do this stupid 39,95 € business, just call it 40 €).
Also I am quite surprised that no case in the Fairphone colour blue is available.
Any reasons?

2 Likes

It wasn’t as popular, so it might come later …

2 Likes

Just out of interest, how many FP3 are out there? 1,700 votes surely don’t represent a majority of owners. (I have an FP3 and I missed the vote, was it announced in a newsletter?)

With any kind of decision process and with any kind of outcome there would always be somebody who would not be happy. They could have just rolled a dice for all I care.

For what it’s worth …

With a price of 40 € it’s too expensive for me anyway, am keeping the bumper lining (if that is the name).
I’d thought with the long discussions about corporate identity and the new “logo” / lettering and the Fairphone star etc. they would offer a blue one from the start. That was the only one for the FP1 I had so for me that was Fairphone.
btw / chit-chat: none of the colours are my favourite, but that’s no big deal, I find the bulky size of FP3 a bigger problem in daily usage that the colour of a case.

No, they had a black/grey one as well at € 22.99 (+ 3D-printed ones at € 18). :wink:

Here on the homepage from 2014 (archive.org)

1 Like

There’s a voucher available for a 10€ discount :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, thanks, I didn*t know that. I had the original blue and then years later a faulty one (still good enough) that the Fairphone people brought along to Germany.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Waterproof outdoor case for FP3

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.