Address for return

A replacement is under guarantee. So it’s valid for 2 years :slight_smile:

warranty is longer as 14 days, but doing the doa(? i dont know thiese abbreviations, but they are used from fairphone themselves) request is also possible in the return-webmask.
so, you will get an answer by michiel, probably…

i admire your persistence…
well, i could use the phone für ten minutes, only…
i honestly dont know, if i want a replacement…
i could make use of the money atm…

I have registered with the return portal and added the phone. Nothing happened since. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?
Many thanks,

Davide

DOA, (dead-on-arrival) just means that wasn’t working as soon as it arrived. Just read in the support page, I thought it was a specific term, but I’m totally ignorant in the field.

I’m a positive dreamer, therefore the wait and the hope to recieve answer in time. A dreamer however almost without a phone since some months, I admit it!

you got me into thinking…
i tried to charge my fairphone with a third cable and it seems to charge…
the other cables were ok, i used them on my old phone…
and the charger is the same i tried with the other two cables…
the difference may be, its a black cable, the two white ones didnt work (ok, bad joke)
the black one has a rather short plug…
are there any problems known about this?

well, i will try to start it when the battery is fully loaded…

thx giorgio for getting me into thinking again…
never give up, seems to be…

i will decide on sending it back or using it when i see, if it really worked…
until then…

If you get a problem, please read here about a workaround for the many apps and read here know bugs some with workaround.

1 Like

Yes, there is already a long topic about this in the forum. Some people there had to try quite a few different chargers.

ok…thank you!

charger i have "only2 two…
but cables i have several, and tried 5? cables…

btw, update: fairphone 2 works atm without flaws…
maybe it wants to be my phone, now?

2 Likes

Great! I’m glad to hear that :+1:

hi there, i received my phone almost two weeks ago. i sent several emails, reporting a damage. the phone is not yet in use. so far i did not get any response at all. i am wondering when i will get a response and i am wondering what i should do now. how does it work if i want to send it back?
any ideas?

I will send your message to a member of Fairphone.

Oh, you’re very welcome wolfie, but the credit is all yours! I’m happy you solved your problem, cheers and I hope you’ll enjoy your new phone!

Hey Giorgio, I just sent you a PM!

Hey Lisa, sorry for not replying to your emails. We will make sure to help you out today!

Hi. I’ve the same problem. I fullfilled the return form for my FP2 which has a speaker problem (imposible to hear clearly, is like a bee in my ear), but I’ve no answer. The return form stoped in the step 4 explaining how I have to package and telling that there will be an answer in 48h, but nothing. What can I do? Thanks.

(sorry for my english)

Hi, can I ask you why you want to return your FP instead of repairing it? The problem you describe seems like a clear guarantee case…

Hi danielsjohan. Maybe I didn’t express myself right, sorry my english is not good. I don’t want my money back, I just want either a new one or mine repaired. But the problem is that the 14 days period is running out and I have no answer.
Regards,

No problem, in one of the posts above it was stated the 14-day period is the period in which you have to contact FP. So, no time stress needed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok. But my old phone is working really bad :cry:

Thanks a lot, Lidwien!