Address for return

Achim, our apologies for the late reply. A flu epidemic at the support team is making our lives a bit harder at the moment! But I’ve just sent you the email with all the instructions you’ll need to make the return happen. Let me know if anything is unclear!

3 Likes

Dear Michiel,

could you send that email also to me? I’m so sad I have to return it, but I have no choice.
Many thanks,

Davide

Hi Michiel, because nobody cares about my problems with my FP2 I want to give it back and I also want my money back. How to do this? I´m realy sorry but I don´t have to time to wait longer.

The reason why:
I cannot install any app - but it was possible for one short time. Different people tried to help me. I also asked android for support. But they can´t help me. They refered me to you.

Problems list:
1.) no apps can be installed … your are waiting and waiting … waiting for download. Nothing is happens!!
2.) Wavering backlight @ automatic brightness adaption
3.) poor pictures/images with the cam
4.) Nobody cares
5.) I hope there not more of them…
Ref # 80060

hey,
is it still necessary, to post to this thread?
i have to say, i think its rather complicated to have to register to three forum-versions and services to request a return adress…

Request #81461

its a pity, but my order was fulfilled with bad omen:
the packaging was dirty, the paper-filling was broken.
after starting the fp2, i entered my data and put it on my charging device but the phone battery isnt loadable, it just reboots sometimes when it wants and no button was pressed and i cannot get it to startscreen again.
(there is even my data on this phone, now, and no way to wipe it?)
i would like to return it within 14 days with requesting full refund.
can you give me a printable return sticker, or the correct adress, please, and inform me about steps to do?
i will send it back in original packaging, as i got it.

please give me the return adress and details

Sorry nobody has gotten around to answering your ticket! I will send you some answers and instructions on how to send your phone back right away.

Hi Spueli, weclome to the forum! You could give solving the issues a try before returning the phone, if you want to. :slightly_smiling:

This seems to be a new issue here in the forum (at least to my knowledge). Did you try a hard reset?

Do you mean the screen flickering? A fix will be available with the first software update. The workaround at the moment is to not set the brightness to the lowest level or automatic adaption.

I think the support team does care, but you may need a bit patience. Additionally, the forum community is very active and you’ll find plenty of help here.

This will foreseeably not change in the near future (if ever). If you can arrange with that when the other issues get fixed, you could consider keeping the phone. If, however, this is a No-Go for you, returning may be the way to go.

1 Like

You can wipe your data by accessing the recovery.
Hold volume up + power button at the same time for a few seconds until the phone starts booting, this will bring you into the recovery mode. Beside wiping your data you could also do a reset there and try to start the phone again.
I know it takes a long time on the first boot, which is presumably because the system and all the apps are set up.

This sounds actually like a server side problem with Google Play Store. From time to time I run into that as well, that apps are not starting to download after you click install. Usually I just went back there a bit later.

Another issue could be that you already disabled the privacy impact feature. Maybe this could help.

Hi, thank you. Until now I didn’t tried to reset the FP2 and yes I should do. But at the moment I can’t. I will get in contact with the support on next Monday - then I will decide what to do.

hi freibadschwimmer,

thx for your reply, but i already tried that.
it seems to be that it doesnt want to be my phone…

Dear Michiel,

have sent my original request on Jan. 10th to return my Fairphone and meanwhile have sent several reminders. Even on Facebook I have posted my problem, but no result. Can you help to advice me the adress for returning the phone.
Thanks for urgent help and assistance.
Bernd

@Bernd_Schinke: I think sending your return request within 14 days would be enough to be able to return the phone with a refund even if they need longer than the 14 days after delivery. No court would agree if the seller refuses to take back the items because the seller is late at reading his e-mails. The customer has done his part. So calm down and wait patiently.

2 Likes

Hey Bernd,

Our apologies for the delay, I have just emailed you!

What you are saying is completely true. Although it is a pity that we can’t answer all our emails in time, letting us know that you want to send it back within 14 days is sufficient.

2 Likes

I have sent you instructions on how to ship your phone back to us earlier today. Sorry for the delay!

Hi Michiel, again I am waiting since one week after my request for return was placed into another portal

and again nothing is happening. All together it is three weeks now! I want to return my phones NOW and I do need my money back NOW. Please expedite.

Thank you,
Achim

after entering my data to the portal harras-cd mentioned, im also waiting for two days now, which was the time period to get the answer.
wish, i could help more than requesting my money back…
since i dont have work at the moment… you dont look for employees for work from home, do you?

update. i looked it up, some informations seemed to be missing. seems to be there was a data loss while saving.
but when i entered the data again, it created a second request - this time to replace the phone.
there is no possibility to change that request or wipe it…
it is a little bit complicated and bound to several steps of work, also for you, you know…
i want the return adress since the day after i got the phone and need support in getting it, while your staff and working ressources seem to be overwhelmed…

Hallo Michiel,
after several tries, I am pretty much sure I have recieved a DOA-phone, since part of the screen is not responding to touch. I do not want a refund, I’m still into the idea of supporting FP, but a replacement… How should I behave? I contacted the support team about ten days ago, but I recieved no answer. Does the 14 days policy apply also for replacement requests?
Thanks for everything

A replacement is under guarantee. So it’s valid for 2 years :slight_smile:

warranty is longer as 14 days, but doing the doa(? i dont know thiese abbreviations, but they are used from fairphone themselves) request is also possible in the return-webmask.
so, you will get an answer by michiel, probably…

i admire your persistence…
well, i could use the phone für ten minutes, only…
i honestly dont know, if i want a replacement…
i could make use of the money atm…

I have registered with the return portal and added the phone. Nothing happened since. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?
Many thanks,

Davide