>Accidentally< updated to Android 6 and lost appdata and contacts

Hello there,

this morning i installed the latest Fairphone Open Update (17.06.4) via the Updater.
Unfortunately i didn’t notice, that this is Android 6-based.
Needless to say i didn’t upgrade to Android 6 before.
And, stupidly, i don’t have any backup (yes, shame on me).

Now my phone gets stuck after booting. I can enter my PIN sometimes, but after that, there’s no respond to any touch or button.
Occasionally, the phone falls back to its start-screen (Fairphone […] with the blue dots moving).
Back to the normal screen it is then stuck again.

It works in Safe Mode!
But i don’t know, how to identify the faulty app or system-part.
I think it must be some basic-part of the OS, because the PIN-entry is sometimes impossible, so the faulty function seems to be started early in the process!?

Is there any possibility to revert to Andriod 5 (e.g. by manually flashing with the downloads from here: https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/213290023-Fairphone-OS-downloads-for-Fairphone-2)?

Further, is there a possibility to backup at least my contacts and SMS (e.g. with TWRP)?
Or even, a possibility to run Titanium Backup (which is installed) and even save my app-settings?
Maybe via the console?

Thanks in advance for any help.

C.S.

Edit: Restoring contacts:

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Bugtracker] :pencil2: Upgrade to FP Open 17.06.4 renders phone useless (freezes once booted and reboots itself)

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Contacts lost after upgrade to FP Open 17.06.4

This is the first FP Open 6 release. Not your fault at all.

Glad to know you successfuly restored your data and didn’t lose anything important.

Both problems are discussed in different topics: