🇩🇪 🇬🇧 Fairphone Community Aachen 🗓 15. Mai 2024

Danke für die Rückmeldung! :slight_smile: Wenn Ralf es schafft, könnten wir diesmal acht werden.

2 Likes

A truly nice evening – just as if it had been “the first time” :wink: all over again. It was an almost 50/50 group – five FP1s & four FP2s (and four :woman: and five :man:, too :wink: )

Thanks to all who had pledged to come (they turned up without exception :thumbsup: ) and our bonus guests :smile:

Hat tip back to @Stefan and the Vienna Gang!

5 Likes

:de: Einladung! :smile:

Nach einem kleinen Sommerschlaf findet der nächste und damit
4. Aachener Fairphone-Stammtisch nun statt am

Mittwoch, 2. November um 19:00 Uhr wieder im Restaurant Insel Rhodos, Jakobstraße 99-101

Weiterhin freuen wir uns über alle Interessierten – egal, ob schon “versorgt” mit
einem Fairphone 1 oder 2, gerade noch ungeduldigend wartend oder auch noch
gänzlich unentschieden und einfach nur neugierig! Herzlich willkommen!

Heute Abend! :slight_smile: Tonight!

Special Guest: Das Community Fairphone 2 :iphone:CFP2

:gb: Meet up! :smile:

After a little hibernation, our next and thus 4th Aachen Fairphone meet-up will take place at the same venue as before on

Wednesday, 02 November 2016 at 7 pm
at Restaurant Insel Rhodos, Jakobstraße 99-101
(150 metres to the east from Aachen-Schanz train station)

We are looking forward to meet you regardless of whether you already
own a Fairphone 1 or a Fairphone 2, are waiting impatiently for your FP2 or are still
undecided and/or just curious! Welcome!

Facebook Event (registration purely optional)

#WeAreFairphone

2 Likes

I think we can claim that Aachen Fairphoners’ 4th meeting was quite a success, totalling a completely unexpected 13 attendants – 6 of these not Fairphone owners (yet) and all curious about the FP2. The CFP2 proved the perfect fit for that set, allowing the newbies to get the best possible first hand experience. At the same time, our group of experienced FP2 owners was able to answer all questions and also generously helped me out time and again when I kept failing to enumerate the complete set of all fairtraded conflict minerals in the FP2 :wink:

All those attending who did not own a Fairphone clearly confirmed that it was the newspaper announcement (see above) that made them aware of the meeting and turn up. Let me specify that unlike before our previous three meetings, the announcement had appeared in the paper relatively long in advance (14 October 2016); our previous meetings had seen the announcement published just 1-2 days in advance.

The meeting only completely dissolved after almost three hours, with the first participants having arrived even before the host :innocent:

To be continued!

:gb: To get in touch with Aachen Fairphoners, feel free to message me here.
:de: Wer Kontakt mit uns aufnehmen möchte, kann sich hier bei mir melden.

5 Likes

Hey awesome Aachen Fairphoners, I’d love to see some Aacheners at efct17 ! :smiley: Feel warmly invited! It would be great if you discussed this at your next meetup. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:de: Ich schlage ein neues Treffen in der zweiten Monatshälfte oder der ersten Februarhälfte vor (nur Narren würde einen späteren Termin wählen … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). Wenn DU dich uns noch neu anschließen möchtest und noch keinen Link zur Terminabstimmung bekommen hast, schick’ mir einfach eine private Nachricht, damit ich Dir den Abstimmungslink so schnell wie möglich zukommen lassen kann. :slight_smile:

:gb: I’m eyeing a new meeting on an evening in the second half of this month or the first half of February (in Aachen, you better schedule things like these well ahead of Karneval … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). If YOU want to join us and haven’t received the scheduling vote link by now, just send me a private message so I can send you the link as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:de: 5. Aachener Fairphone-Stammtisch am 3. Februar :smile:

Nach dem gutbesuchten November-Treffen laden wir nun ein zum nächsten und damit

5. Aachener Fairphone-Stammtisch
am Freitag, 3. Februar 2017 um 19:00 Uhr wieder
im Restaurant Insel Rhodos, Jakobstraße 99-101.

Willkommen sind wie immer alle Interessierten – egal, ob schon “versorgt” mit
einem Fairphone 1 oder 2, auf der Suche oder gerade noch wartend oder auch noch
gänzlich unentschieden und einfach nur neugierig! Wir freuen uns auf Euch!

:gb: 3 February Aachen Fairphoners get-together :smile:

Following our well-attended November meet up we invite you to our next and

5th Aachen Fairphoners get-together
on Friday, 03 February 2017 at 7 pm
at Restaurant Insel Rhodos, Jakobstraße 99-101, 52064 Aachen
(150 metres to the east from Aachen-Schanz train station).

As always, everybody is welcome regardless of whether you already
own a Fairphone 1 or a Fairphone 2, are looking for an or waiting for your FP2 or are still
undecided and/or just curious! We are looking forward to meet you!

Facebook Event (registration purely optional)

#WeAreFairphone

3 Likes

Our fifth get-together proved a slower starter than before, but eventually totalled 11 attendees who were temporarily joined by two curious other restaurant guests who could not resist to ask what we were all about and let us explain some basics about the world’s first modular smartphone. Aachen Fairphoners were joined tonight by Bennett who currently interviews Fairphoners for his ethnology master thesis at the University of Heidelberg. Two of us had actually taken the journey from the rivers of Rhein and Ruhr just for the fun of meeting other Fairphoners.

Talk and questions ranged from operating systems Fairphone OS, Open OS, Ubuntu and Sailfish to good old trouble-shooting with FP1s (tasty for archeologists: a non-unified storage layout First Edition FP1 …) and FP2s (the wonder of proximity sensor calibration), some Fairphone module LEGO playing with the CFP2 to speculation about the pros and cons of regular and slim cases (present: white, turquoise and red). In the end, the bulk of us had spent over three hours together and I think most were looking forward to staying in touch and/or convening again in 2-3 months. The only sad note was that it was the last Aachener Fairphone-Stammtisch attended by our materials expert from Switzerland Johannes who is about to move to Carinthia (Austria).

Thanks to everyone who turned up, to @Douwe for working hard to let us borrow the CFP2 once again and especially to @JohannesG for re-motivating me last year to resume the Aachen Fairphoners meetings!

9 Likes

Wow, great to hear about the vibrant Aachen community! :smiley:

Haha, didn’t know that @JohannesG was actually active in Aachen! (We met at #efct16 .) There are several Carinthians in the #austrianfairphoners topic! Maybe there will soon be another Austrian community!? :wink:

Thank you @urs_lesse for the as always perfect organisation of the meet-up. Its great to see the interest in the fairphone project and that everybody finds answers to his/her questions. Hope to see you all soon again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice! Looks like you guys had a good meetup! I’d be really curious to hear more about Bennets research and keep us informed about when the next meetup will take place.

2 Likes

:de: Ab sofort läuft die Abstimmung über einen Termin für unseren Frühlingsstammtisch Ende April oder in der ersten Maihälfte. Ihr könnt bis Ostern euer Terminvotum mit dem gewohnten Abstimmungslink abgeben. Wer neu hinzustoßen möchte, bislang noch nicht dabei war oder den Link nicht mehr finden kann, melde sich bitte per PM bei mir.

:gb: I just started the scheduling vote for our spring meeting at the end of April or in the first half of May. Please cast your votes until Easter at the same link I gave out previously. If you are joining us for the first time or cannot find the link anymore, just PM me.

2 Likes

Hi! Wo finde ich den Abstimmungslink?

1 Like

Next stop:

:de: 6. Aachener Fairphone-Stammtisch 13. Mai 2017

Das Fairphone-Update auf Android 6 ist da, und im Juni gibt es dann hoffentlich auch wieder frische Fairphone 2 – Anlässe genug für unseren nächsten Aachener Fairphone-Stammtisch am

Samstag, 13. Mai 2017 um 15:00 Uhr, diesmal im
Restaurant | Café | Cocktailbar Magellan, Pontstraße 78, 52062 Aachen (Lageplan)

Wir freuen uns wieder auf alle Fairphoner*innen mit FP1, FP1U oder FP2, alle Interessierten, alle Neugierigen. Wer uns schon jetzt helfen will, kann diese Einladung und/oder auch unsere Facebook-Veranstaltung gerne weiter verbreiten.

Bis Mitte Mai! :slight_smile:

AN, 25.04.2017
Thanks for the photo @Simone

:gb: 6th Aachen Fairphoners get-together 13 May 2017

Saturday, 13 May 2017 at 3 pam
Restaurant | Café | Cocktailbar Magellan, Pontstraße 78, 52062 Aachen (Map)

Everyone with or without an FP1, FP1U or FP2, everyone interested, everyone curious – you are all welcome! Feel free to spread this invitation and/or our facebook event :slight_smile:

#WeAreFairphone

4 Likes

Aaaand it’s on Twitter: :wink:

3 Likes

TODAY!

Heute :slight_smile:

Mit dabei: Die große Fairphone-Wundertüte (eher schon eine große Wunderbox) mit dem CFP2 und anderen netten Sachen.

Anmeldung ist natürlich nicht erforderlich, aber:
Rückmeldungen sind willkommen und helfen mir! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh well, I guess eternal growth is not possible …

Enough said.

4 Likes

Oje, aber der Wille zählt! :slight_smile: Vielleicht konnten einige wegen der frühen Uhrzeit nicht?

Habe mir diesen Thread dann jetzt auch mal abonniert, damit ich beim nächsten Treffen dabei sein kann :slight_smile:

3 Likes

#FairSwap #WeAreFairphone

Nach der Sommerpause lade ich zusammen mit dem Eine Welt Forum Aachen e. V. und dem Bündnis FAIRhandel(n) in Aachen alle Fairphoner*innen und Neugierigen ein:

:de: Das Smartphone FAIRbessern!

7. Aachener Fairphone-Stammtisch

am Freitag, 22. September 2017, um 20.00 Uhr
im Medienzentrum des Eine Welt Forum Aachen,
Welthaus | An der Schanz 1 | 52064 Aachen
(Hier zum Stadtplan)

Wir wollen nicht nur allen Fairphoner*innen mit Rat und Tat zur Seite stehen bei allen Fragen rund um ihre FP1, FP1U & FP2, sondern auch allen Interessierten erste Informationen über das Projekt und das Produkt Fairphone geben. Dazu wird es eine einführende Präsentation geben, danach werden wir uns bemühen, weitergehende Fragen zu beantworten. Im Mittelpunkt werden dann die neuen Kameramodule für das FP2 stehen, die nach Lust und Laune montiert und ausprobiert werden können. Wer bereits eines für sich selbst bestellt und bekommen hat, kriegt bei Bedarf von uns natürlich auch jede Unterstützung beim Einbau. Und natürlich geben wir auch diesmal wieder Hilfestellung und Tipps für alle „anwesenden" FP1, FP1U und FP2!

Erstmals findet der Aachener Fairphone-Stammtisch mit freundlicher Unterstützung des Eine Welt Forums Aachen e. V. in dessen Medienzentrum im Welthaus Aachen statt. Das Welthaus ist perfekt an den ÖPNV angebunden als direkter Nachbar des Bahnhofs Aachen-Schanz sowie der Bushaltestelle(n) Schanz.

Wir freuen uns auf Euch!

P. S.: Habt Ihr Module zum Recyclen oder Wiederverwenden? – Wer ein Fairphone 2 hat und zu Hause noch ein oder mehrere nicht mehr benötigte FP2-Module herumliegen hat, kann sie gerne zum Treffen mitbringen. Wir schicken sie dann nach Amsterdam zum Fairphone-Module Recycling :slight_smile:

Diese Einladung und/oder unsere Facebook-Veranstaltung dürft Ihr natürlich gerne weiterverbreiten!

:gb: 7th Aachen Fairphoners get-together 22/09/2017

Friday, 22 September 2017 at 8 pm
Medienzentrum des Eine Welt Forum Aachen,
Welthaus | An der Schanz 1 | 52064 Aachen

Find the venue on OpenStreetMap
Public transport: Train station “Aachen-Schanz” | Bus stop “Schanz”

Everyone with or without an FP1, FP1U or FP2, everyone interested, everyone curious – you are all welcome! :slight_smile:

Feel free to share this invitation and/or our Facebook Event.

7 Likes