A collection of non-free (as in freedom) Software preinstalled on the Fairphone 1(U) and possible alternatives

Thanks. That’s exactly what I was looking for. Works great and super fast.

Apps from OpenIntents are free as in beer (with a few exceptions) and free as in speech (i.i open source). I’ve used OI File Manager and OI Notepad for a few years. There are other apps, e.g. flashlight, password storage and others. Development seems to have ceased back in 2012, though.

OsmAnd~ does work great in France too. I think it’ll work well everywhere an Openstreetmap mapping is dense enough -which now covers really many countries, and at least all ‘occidental’ ones for instance…

Camera: Open Camera (OpenSource and free of charge): http://opencamera.sourceforge.net/11
Also in PlayStore.

Thanks Kgha! I definitely moved to this one thanks to you :smiley:

I tried OpenCamera but the UI is just terrible. This is generally a problem with camera apps I tried. Anyone can recommend an app that takes pretty pictures but looks good itself as well?

1 Like

Hi,
I use Navit, you can find it in F-Droid repos too; it’s multi-platform so you can use in other devices (I used it on my Nokia N900 for several years) and I find this very useful especially if you still have your maps downloaded for another devices since it uses them out-of-the-box.
Bye :slight_smile:

OpenCamera’s UI has improved slightly with the latest update - there’s a new button that allows for quicker access to WB and ISO settings and quicker/easier settings for flash and focus.