3d model of FP1 battery

Hi,

With my FP1 coming to its end, I am looking at how to reuse its hardware as much as possible. One element is the battery.

I currently have 2 batteries for the FP1: the one that came with the phone and an additional (official FP) battery I bought later. I would like to reuse that for other electronics projects.

For that, I want to 3D print a holder for the battery of the FP1 phone to easily and safely connect wires. The 1st step is to define a 3D-model of the battery itself and then define the holder around that. I use openscad for that.

Has somebody already done this? (it would be nice to double-check my 3D model with that of somebody else?

Also, does anybody have any idea of the specifications of the batteries used in the FP1? OK, they are li-ion, 3.7 v and 2000 mAh, but how many C?
(or, put otherwize, how much current can be safely drown from the battery and how much current can it support to charge it?).

Anybody any idea?

Kr. Bonne.

2 Likes
1 Like

In general I do consider this a really great Idea.

On the other hand, there are so many active FP1 users out there (and in this forum), that are in dire need of a “new” i.e. working battery. They have to do with a generic one, that does not really fit and has to be fixed with cardboard or the like.
I therefore really would suggest to sell the batteries and give other FP1 a longer life and make 2 people happy. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You should be fine with standard USB specification (500mA,5V), though the FP1 charger had 1A, so that works too.

HI Elk (and Bert and Stefan),

Well, in the first project I will use it with solar power so I do not think that the current will be an issue :-), however it’s always nice to know the full specification of the components you use. (like maxium charging or uncharging current).

The chargerunit is one of the cheap TP4056/DW01A/8205A li-ion charger / protector board you find on the wellknown Chinese Electronics websites.
The chipsets specification define a maximum charging current of 1A, but concidering the “quality” of some of the cheap Chinese boards, it’s probable safer to stay way below that. :slight_smile:

For the 3D module of the battery itself, althou that the battery seams to have half a cylinder shape at both ends, it is probably good enough to just define it as a simple cube (minus the two holes at both ends of the front).

Thanks for the into. It is really usefull

Kristoff

Hi krbonne,

I still am an FP1-user and my battery became bloated in these days.
Is there a possibility for you to sell me one of yours?
You would make me an happy FP1-user again.

In case, I am based in Italy and I can give you my contacts.

Thanks, Giovanni.

Hi,

Giovanni,

I am sorry but the batteries are still in use and already reserved for
another future project.

However, as this battery-issue seams to be quite a common problem, let’s
think outside the box and try to find another solution for this?
Why not design a adaptor for a (smaller) Li-Ion battery so it can fit in
the battery-holder space of a FP1?

That way, people can just 3D -print the adapter and then use other
batteries in the FP1.

(this is the D.I.Y group, no?)

Kristoff

Hi Kristoff,

yes, I think this could be a good idea. The first piont would be to focus a
product already on market with the right electrical features.
Do you have something in mind already?

Thank you, Giovanni.

Giovanni Angeli

This could be the already used battery HB5N1 for Huawei:

It is just incompatible with regard to the protective circuits, as e.g. the temperature is not given correctly.
You will find near the end of the thread, that there already is one online-shop offering the battery modified in a way, that it fits and another shop stating to work on an adapter, that will be available no sooner than by march.

A post was merged into an existing topic: :gb: :de: Generic battery to replace FP1 battery (:warning:️see first post for warning)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.