2nd SIM stops working at random

Hi all, I’m using 2 SIMs, my private (Dutch) one and my business (German) one. When I am in Germany the German SIM, places in the second slot, randomly looses connection to the provider at least once a day. A phone restart is required to bring the connection back up. This does not happen when I am in the Netherlands. It happened both under OS 1.6 as well as under the new Kola Nut 1.8. Rather annoying as it forces me to carry two phones. Anyone any clue as to how this can be fixed?
Thanks, Jaap.

I never used a second Sim card, so I don’t know much about it, but one thing you might want to try is change the 2 sim cards. Then you can see if the problem correlates with the sim card or with the sim card slot.

1 Like

good idea, worth trying, but bad luck: same problem. Fairphone doesn’t seem to like Deutsche Telekom :frowning:
Now I’m back using a Samsung SIII-mini running Android 4.1.2 for business purposes, works without any problem, but I’d prefer to use only one phone. Anyone an other idea?
Best regards, Jaap.

Are you able to try a different Deutsche Telekom SIM to see if it is just your current SIM that is the issue? I think other people are using DT without any problems.

1 Like

I could switch SIM cards with a colleague, but it’s not really practical, as the problem may only occure after some hours.

You could ask you operator to provide a replacement SIM for you and see if that solves the problem