[2021] How likely is it that you would recommend this company to a friend or colleague?

Continuing the discussion from How likely is it that you would recommend this company to a friend or colleague?: I would like to know how the community is thinking about this in 2021. I’ve been following Fairphone for a month now or so, and people seem upset with the software. Does that affect your liking of the product? How likely is it that you would recommend Fairphone to a friend or colleague in 2021?

The poll feature is now disabled on this forum, so maybe just give a brief pitch of why you would recommend a Fairphone to someone (or not). I would like to know this since I’m considering a Fairphone. And I’ve had some hit and misses with phones. I know it’s hard to make such a complex device work properly. But still, I want a device that makes my life easier, not harder :slight_smile:

I think polls might only become available once you get to regular status.
BTW here’s a poll about the FP3 and FP3+.

4 Likes

Thanks! Interesting comments over there, it doesn’t give me much confidence to buy the FP4. But I’ll give it a try for 10 days and otherwise will return it.

I have enough rights to make a poll, so, here you go :slight_smile:

How likely is it that you would recommend Fairphone to a friend or colleague?

• Very likely
  • Likely
  • Neutral
  • Unlikely
  • Very unlikely

0 voters

2 Likes

Why I’d recommend a Fairphone?
Because it’s ethical. Because I can repair it and always love seeing the expression of people when they see me dismantle my FP2 in seconds. Because it has plenty of FOSS alternatives for the OS, maintained by a great community. And finally because with my FP2 which was released 6 years ago, I have a working phone, battery is not that good, I have a few bugs, it’s sometimes a bit slow, but it’s running LineageOS perfectly fine with my 300 apps and my 128GB microSD card, and as a medium/power user it’s offering me nearly everything I need. And I think if a FP2 can suit my needs, a Fairphone 3 or 4 should be able to suit me quite easily. I try to invite people to think about what they really need in a phone, and even though I wouldn’t really recommend a FP2, I would in any case recommend a 3 (let’s wait for the 4).
I believe I will always have bugs with any software, some are more annoying than others, but as long as I can still switch my phone on, not much would make me abandon my Fairphone :slight_smile:

Perhaps it seems more visible on the Fairphone Forum, and Fairphone have some problems specific to them, but open any forum about any phone and you’ll find people feeling the same (e.g here a thread about an update which worsened battery drain on Pixel 5 in June 2021 with 260 upvotes and quite a few replies).

Actually member status (trust level 2) :wink:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.