English

12 MP Camera broken?

Hi @ all;
at the moment my FP2 camera produces only an black screen with small colored stripes and than shot down after a short while with an error message (“no connection to camera”)
Screws and contacts are controlled…
Someone with an idea?
Greetings,
Martin.

Did you test different Apps? Do you have the old Cam Module to test?

2 Likes

Two times no; it’s the first module from the beginning and and for taking images I only use the normal funcionality of FP2…

So I would def try another App e.g. Open Camera. And if the issue remains, I would try to find someone with a FP2 to check the module, if you do not know someone who has a FP2 you probably have an FP Angel close-by? Any change when you compress the phone around the Cam?

2 Likes

No change. But I bought a used FP2 with a working camera; so I can make some tests :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If the screws are reasonably tight and a different camera app gives the same error, then the only other hardware thing you could do is remove the small black sticky rings on the downside of the module. That might allow even better contact between camera module and core module.

3 Likes

Many thanks, Urs; this was a great solution. Camera is working again!
Have a nice weekend and stay healthy;
Martin.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.