Will they sell 15000? [They did]

Et voilà ! nous y sommes.

1 Like

Woop woop!! Great!

PS. It’s great to see that there are more enthusiastic nutheads out there and it’s not just me going crazy… :smile:

4 Likes

15,000 !!! :slight_smile: Nice way to start a Monday morning back from London with the whole team!

Thanks for the energy, everybody. We’ll be sharing something on social media later to celebrate.

12 Likes

I definitely am an enthusiast. However me opening the website exactly at the time when 14999 was reached, was a coincidence. Don’t you think I’m only a little crazy? :wink:

2 Likes

Champagne! :smile::tropical_drink::tada::thumbsup::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Woohoo! Congratulations to FairPhone!

1 Like

YAAAAY!
CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES!

1 Like

So the ANSWER was a definite YES … with the help of some bulk suppliers - and better them than interest charging banks.

Next question on the same lines is : Will they sell 140,000 … as this is what is assumed in the cost breakdown. Wooo, quite a challenge I’d say. Of course many more are likely to sell once they are out there to buy, but also the real keenies (us) have already paid up … and have no intention of buying another smart phone for a very long time.

anyway: WELL DONE FAIRPHONE.

6 Likes

Thanks for following the counter, everybody! When all the numbers were tallied, the final special edition number is 17,418 (wow!). Here’s a photo of the team thanking you!!

(Hopefully you recognize some of us!)

20 Likes

Probably the most likeable smartphone producer team in the world…

7 Likes

How many Fairphones can you spot in this picture? :slight_smile:

Thank you FP team! :wink:

However, is it just me (my computer) or did you mean 15,418? The counter I see on your website is at 16,070 right now…

I counted 15… :stuck_out_tongue: At least one of them is a FP1, though.

1 Like

The 17,418 are all the orders placed before the end of September but some are still awaiting payment.
The counter is from all the payed orders. :blush:

2 Likes

:open_mouth: Wow, this is even more amazing - so many people placing last minute orders.

Haha, I didn’t see the one on the right :slight_smile:
Hard to tell, how many of them are Prototypes for the new Fairphone 2…

They are not necessarily last minute orders, bank transfers can take up to 5 days.
And sometimes people also forget to make payment so the number might fluctuate a little bit I guess.

What does the “+60.000” mean?

Presumably the number of FP1s sold…

2 Likes

Right, I wanted to order the next day morning of the opening, was #1268, then i should do a bank transfer after the weekend on monday morning, then, it took 3 more days, finally i’m #3245, and pround of it! like all of us fellows !
many years ago Patrick McGoohan used to say (quote) "i’m not a number, i’m a free man!"
Now we can say : I am a number, I’m a free (wo)man !