(Paid)Apps lost after update to 1.6 and partition upgrade

Pretty close to the issue here, but I cannot restore any of the apps I paid for, or (at least that seems to be what the have in common) apps that are offering some kind of in-app payment or login procedure…

the logcat output while restoring via “backup and restore” gives me:

W/ActivityManager(  517): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///storage/sdcard1/backup/App/PACKAGE.apk
I/PackageManager(  517): Copying native libraries to /data/app-lib/vmdl795742799
I/PackageManager(  517): Start parsing apk file: /data/app/vmdl795742799.tmp
I/PackageManager(  517): Parsing done for apk file: /data/app/vmdl795742799.tmp
E/PackageParser(  517): Package PACAKGE has no certificates at entry res/anim/badge_grow.xml; ignoring!
I/WifiStateMachine(  517): fetchRssiAndLinkSpeedNative, newRssi:-78, newLinkSpeed:24
D/DataTransfer/AppRestoreComposer(18125): install fail, result:-103

trying to install same package manually via adb looks pretty much the same:

W/ActivityManager(  517): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///data/local/tmp/PACKAGE.apk
I/PackageManager(  517): Copying native libraries to /data/app-lib/vmdl1316269906
I/PackageManager(  517): Start parsing apk file: /data/app/vmdl1316269906.tmp
I/PackageManager(  517): Parsing done for apk file: /data/app/vmdl1316269906.tmp
E/PackageParser(  517): Package PACKAGE has no certificates at entry res/anim/badge_grow.xml; ignoring!
E/jdwp    (18564): jdwp::setsockopt(SO_SNDTIMEO)
E/jdwp    (18564): jdwp::setsockopt(SO_RCVTIMEO)
W/ADB_SERVICES(  182): terminating JDWP 18564 connection: Try again

A complete reinstall from play store seem to work (of course this also mean re-configuring all of them)
Any other ways around this?

I only have 2 paid apps, 1 of which was Swype keyboard. Both restored fine for me using the Backup & Restore App as well as the Go Backup! app that I used to restore all the settings for my apps.

Is it a specific paid app that won’t restore or all your paid apps?

No specifc app. I have around a dozen of them and they behave all the same (just two examples:osmand+ and caldav sync)

Ok, no problem. Also there is a link in your original post I think, but it’s not working. Can you edit or repost the link?

link fixed - here again - same or similar issue here: Google Backup Service not available in Fairphone 1.6 Cherry