Open source Tizen OS on FP

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have the experience launching Tizen OS on FP? Would it be possible at all?

Tizen OS is Open source and looks promising:

https://www.tizen.org/

/Pipe

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.

Hey Chris,

Whats going on? Why did u unlist my post?

You should be worried about providing FP1 buyers as my self with a secure OS. And Tizen could be one.
Actually I’m pretty pissed off already, I Bought a FP late october 2014 and it’s not even supported in early december.

The only way FP with survive is if maintains and builds it’s reputation and many of us feels pretty deceived.

So locking down topics isn’t the way forward.

Give me an explanation please.

/felipe

I moved a post to an existing topic: Poll: Future Fairphone OS Development

Apologies, I got distracted while reviewing this last night. I meant to move this to another topic which I have now done.

And welcome to the forum.

First thing, this is a community led forum, so I do not work for Fairphone and I cannot say whether Tizen will ever be supported. I have never heard of this before until you posted this. If you’re looking for a direct response from Fairphone on this you would need to contact them directly

Second thing, I’m not sure why you expected Tizen to be supported by now. Nobody from Fairphone has ever suggested that it would be. If you haven’t already, I would suggest familiarising yourself with topics already related to other OS’s as there are comprehensive responses showing why this is currently not available including a post from Fairphone on their blog here

Hi,

Got it and thanks.

Tizen is Samsung and Intel OS partly open source, just as firefox os.

Regards

Felipe

/felipe