New forum features and layout - what do you think?

The forum will be down for some time today, Monday morning. Hopefully when we’re back up, there will be a long-term fix to our problems.

Stay tuned-

3 Likes

The forum software was updated to version 1.3. Please give us feedback on the design or layout changes.

Do you notice a difference?

3 Likes

Topic listing seems a bit more spacious (more whitespace). I like it.
Other than that I haven’t noticed any differences yet.

2 Likes

The user icons are now round.

Haven’t had much time yet to try anything and find new features. Is there a list what we should look out for and/or test?

2 Likes

Non of the polls are working any more. Here is a list of all of them.

Oh no, would be really disappointing, if we’d have lost all poll results! :frowning:

I just tried to edit the old multilangual forum poll according to the new poll function:

[poll]
- Option A
- Option B
- Option C
[/poll]

…but I get the error “polls can’t be created or edited more than 5 minutes after the post was created” (or something like that.

Did you guys try that @anon90052001?

From Can existing polls be updated? (1.2.0.beta3 -> newest version):

OK, thanks I’ll pass it on!

1 Like

Other than the polls, I’m liking the new look and feel

1 Like

The badges error still occurs for the self-granted badges. :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks @anon90052001, the Polls work again and the data isn’t lost.

About the badges error:

1 Like

Badges should be fixed. Writing you about it now :smile:

3 Likes

Yes they are. Very cool! :smiley:

The upgrade to Discourse 1.3 broke the “move posts” feature for me on the mobile forum. Before it was harder to select individual posts (which works perfectly now), but the whole upper section, where you select “move to new topic” / “move to existing topic” / “select all” / “cancel selection” doesn’t work at all anymore (it did before the update).

See this screenshot:

Clicking the links doesn’t do anything.

WOW!!! I’m using Firefox 39.0 and it just asked me, if I wanted to accept desktop notifications!!! :smiley: I said yes, and then in the bottom right corner of my screen there was a popup telling me, that someone replied to a post! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey @Stefan - is this ‘move posts’ issue still occurring for you?

Yes, on mobile Firefox the above mentioned area is dead.

I didn’t come here so often so I am not too familiar with the old design :blush: - but the new one looks nice.
One thing though: the newest posts in a topic are always at the bottom so I have to scroll down quite a bit often. Is there a way to change this and display the new posts at the top?

@Ruth_FP1 you’ll usually start with the first topic you didn’t read yet when opening a topic, but you can click on the post indicator which says e.g.: “1/19” and then click on “top”, “bottom” or enter a specific post number to navigate faster than scrolling.

2 Likes

Actually for me this is automatic: The threads automatically open at the last read post for me.