Fairphone keeps asking for an update

Since the latest Fairphone system-update my phone keeps asking me to update. I already updated several times. Just did it again and it the Faiphone Updates popped up immediately again?
Why oh why??
And how to stop this??

If you open the updater app and it doesn’t tell you that your current OS version is 1.8.5 then the update wasn’t successful.
In that case go to settings > developer options and tick “keep screen on” “stay awake”. Plug-in your phone and try updating again. That should do it.

If in fact you did already update successfully then you shouldn’t get the message that a new update is available but the updater will just check if there is. The frequency and timing of these checks is not as intended which is why there is a bug report about it. Check that topic for a workaround.

It says I use Cherry 1.6, so it seems it never really updated although I never got an error or something.
I didn’t plug in my phone when updating (as I had more than enough battery power), would that do the trick?

Probably not without the “stay awake” option. (Sorry, it’s not “keep screen on”)

Tried it again. Plugged in and with the stay awake option selected.
Still 1.6…

Never had problems with earlier updates, so I really don’t understand this.

Well in that case you’ll have to install manually.

I moved you topic from Software to the Help category. It is not a general discussion, but a specific problem.

That sounds too technical for me I’m afraid. I don’t want to take the risk to loose all my settings and apps.
I guess I better wait till the next update.

On the other hand: If this update refuses to install, how do you know, the next will? :wink:

Haha, not. But never had problems before so I keep hope for the future :wink:

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.

@Brenda_Lelie If you change your decision, you can come back and we will be glad to help you! :slight_smile: